You Said, We Did
Parents' frequently asked questions
What is the IvoView 'You said, We did' survey system?
- IvoView is an online survey system to acquire feedback about St. Ivo School. It uses Surveymonkey to get data from responses, and written feedback.
- It was launched in December 2013.
What is the purpose of the survey system?
It fits in with the other systems in the school to acquire feedback from a range of stakeholders, including students, staff, parents, partner schools, school advisers, and the local community.
- It provides a whole-school centralised system which records, collates, and compares feedback from parents over time.
- It provides St Ivo with feedback so that it can respond with improvements.
- It provides evidence for Ofsted about the views of parent/carers.
When are the surveys carried out?
- Parents/carers are asked to complete a brief survey in the Study or Understudy during a parents/carers’ evening.
- There are also occasions when parents are offered an opportunity to complete a survey through parentmail.
What questions are asked?
- IvoView uses the same questions as the Ofsted ‘ParentView’ site, enabling us to build a body of evidence over time.
- However, IvoView also asks questions about other issues facing our school, and offers a free text box for parents to provide feedback and views about any issue important to them. St Ivo can then act upon the feedback in order to improve.
Do you want to do the IvoView survey?
- Click here to view the questions, or if you wish to complete the survey.
Below are some examples of how we have responded to your feedback, provided through IvoView and other contact methods.
|You Said||We Did|
|Provide better information for parents.||Parent information evenings have now been scheduled into the calendar for key stages. A parent handbook has been created, available online and handed out at the parent information evenings.|
|Provide greater transparency about the role of Governors||We have rewritten the Governors page of the website to include details of the Governing Body structure, brief bios for each Governor, meeting schedule, minutes of Full Governing Body meetings and statutory documents. In January 2016, the Governors held an annual meeting for parents which included presentations by the Chair of Governors and Headteacher.|
|Use electronic communication on platforms that parents regularly use.||The school now communicates regularly through Facebook and Twitter, including a number of subject Twitter feeds..|
|Communication about homework could be better.||We worked with the Go4Schools online provider to create an online homework system whereby teachers state the homework, details, due date and whether it has been completed. This can be accessed by students and parents. In February 2016, following feedback from St Ivo parents, the Go4schools homework module was updated to show more clearly those homeworks which are due in the next 7 days or were due in the previous 7 days.|
|We want a way to regularly discuss issues and meet staff responsible for certain aspects of school life.||Parent Forum meetings exist, and have discussed issues such as educational visits and uniform.|
|More information about educational visits: costs, importance, missed lessons.||We have updated our website tab on educational visits to include: a brief description; visit category ratings (A: essential; B: integral; C: connected; D: deciding careers); a cost calculator across Y7 to Y13; nights and days away from school.|
|More convenient access to uniform and learning resources.||We are working with the business manager of ‘The School Shop’ in St Ives town centre (theschoolshopstives.com) to make it easier for parents to acquire nearly new uniforms and learning resources.|