This week's Sixth Form bulletin is now online. Information about Year 12 summer preparation for the UCAS process is also now available.
Message from the Head of Sixth Form
St Ivo Sixth Form offers 43 subjects ranging from a large suite of A levels, including Law, Politics, Psychology and Photography, to more coursework related A level subjects like Performing Arts (dance) or Information Technology BTEC Level 3, and on to a comprehensive selection of Level 2 Bridging Year subjects where many students aspire to stay on and begin A levels after Year 12. Students may re-take English Language and Maths if required. To compliment A levels we offer the EPQ, a one year individually inspired extended project, and Further Maths A level to compliment Maths and Physics courses. Typically, students study 3 subjects in Sixth Form.
Our enrichment and extra-curricular activities are diverse and extensive. As well as House Captains, the Sixth Form Council and our Head Girl and Head Boy, we offer many other opportunities to get involved. The Sixth Form Reading Buddies Scheme run by Sixth formers for Year 7 students is very popular. Our Sixth Formers lead groups and societies such as our debating group, engineering group or Medical Committee. Plus all the charity work and huge variety of sporting clubs available.
Mrs K Perry - Head of Sixth Form
Mrs M Gosling, Mr S Hedges and Mrs V Rix - Assistant Heads of Sixth Form
To contact the Sixth Form team email email@example.com
External students can apply through either UCAS Progress or by using the paper application form.
Useful documents: Sixth Form learning agreement.
The Sixth Form bulletin is issued to students (via form tutors and email) every week. An example bulletin can be accessed here.
We have many opportunities for sixth formers to get involved in whilst at St Ivo Sixth Form. Please see the list here. A separate list of Sixth Form volunterring opportunities and clubs is also accessible here.
Sixth Form Learning Agreement
My studies are important, and I have the right to expect a number of things from my time in St Ivo Sixth Form. These include:
- High quality lessons in my chosen subjects
- Class work and homework that prepares me effectively for exams
- Assistance consistent with exam board guidelines, with the preparation of coursework
- Daily registration and contact with my form tutor
- Help, guidance and support from my form tutor
- Other support from subject teachers and pastoral staff as necessary
In order to ensure that I learn as effectively as possible agree with the terms set out below.
- I will attend all registrations punctually
- I will attend all lessons punctually
- I will always work to the best of my ability
- I will produce all the work required of me in a timely fashion
- I will ensure that if I don’t understand something that I will raise the problem with the relevant teacher well ahead of any deadline
- I will meet all deadlines set by subject teachers
- Students must telephone school on the day of absence.
- On return to school a student must bring a note signed by a parent/carer.
- An authorised absence known beforehand should be authorised by completing an HSEP form.
Please visit the Attendance section of the Essential Information page for further details.
Students looking to enter the world of work after St Ivo may find the following links useful.
Apprenticeship vacancy matching service - this government agency provides lists of current apprenticeship vacancies – searchable by postcode.
West Anglia Training Association - this government agency provides training and apprenticeships for local Small and Medium Enterprises. The organisation is based in Huntingdon. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Jobs Now - privately run jobs agency website